Affordable Care Act
New legislation is coming into effect January 1, 2014 that requires everyone to have health insurance. This law, known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (or Healthcare Reform), can feel very overwhelming. As we continue to learn about the impact it will have on libraries as employers, we'll share that information. Below are some helpful resources in regards to the Affordable Care Act.
Stay Up To Date
- SHOP (Small Business Health Insurance Options Program) delayed for one month.
- SHOP is now scheduled to open November 1 (article)
- Connect for Health Colorado is now open for individuals to browse and purchse health insurance.
- October 1 Exchange Notice Requirement
- Model Notice for employers who offer a health plan to some or all employees
- Model Notice for employers who do not offer a health plan
- Follow the Connect for Health Colorado Board on Twitter (@COHBE)
- *Live tweets during Connect for Health Colorado Board Meetings
- *Includes information as it is approved by the Board
- Click here for resources compiled by the State Library.
Connect for Health Colorado (formerly known as the Colorado Health Benefit Exchange) is Colorado's health insurance marketplace set to open in October, 2013. Individuals and small businesses will be able to shop for insurance in a side-by-side comparison model to find plans that best fit their needs.
*Note: This is the only place that individuals and small businesses can go to receive a federal tax credit (if eligible) to reduce the cost of health insurance.
Follow Connect for Health Colorado on Twitter (@C4HCO)
Healthcare.gov is managed by Health and Human Services. This website is aimed at consumers nationwide to help explain how they will be impacted by this legislation.
Looking for a basic introduction to the ACA? This video is a great place to start!
Be sure to also check out the updated video - found here.
We will continue to share resources as information becomes available.